Last Updated: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:13 p.m.
At Bluegreen Vacations, the health and well-being of our owners, guests and associates are very important to us.
We are committed to providing our owners and guests with vacation experiences to create fond memories to last a lifetime.
Bluegreen Resorts management team has been monitoring reports and guidelines from federal, state and local health officials. In the wake of COVID-19, a Sanitation and Cleanliness Committee was appointed to develop and implement industry standard protocols to address the spread of the novel coronavirus. The Committee conducted an audit of Bluegreen’s operations across all of its resorts and offices and worked under the guidance of Ecolab, an industry leader in hospitality, public health, water/food safety and hygiene services with over 100 years of experience, to design an updated safety and sanitation program for its resorts and offices.
These new, cleaning and sanitation measures are described here. We will continue to monitor these standards and make appropriate adjustments to our protocols from time to time.
ASSOCIATE TRAINING & REQUIREMENT
- All Bluegreen associates will be required to complete training in safety, enhanced sanitation, social distancing, and proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- We have provided our associates with personal protection equipment (PPE) including gloves and masks to be used as needed.
PUBLIC SPACES AND COMMON AREAS
- Utilize EPA-registered disinfectant cleaners throughout the resorts.
- Phased implementation of electrostatic spraying technology with EPA-registered disinfectant for high-touch surfaces throughout common areas, back-of-house areas and storage facilities.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all common areas including lobbies, fitness areas, dining rooms, rest rooms, locker rooms, activity centers, etc.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of high touch areas such as doorknobs, counters, railings, elevator panels, etc.
- Increased use of EPA-registered, alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations throughout common areas and amenities as available.
- Phased implementation of hand washing stations.
- Display instructional signs in lobby areas advising of CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Adjust guest traffic in registration buildings to promote social distancing.
- Install plexiglass screens at all check-in areas.
- Frequent sanitation of check-in area.
- Sanitized guest room key for every check-in.
- Signage displayed in elevator lobby advising of CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines and occupancy limits.
- Increase frequency of disinfection with EPA-registered disinfectant cleaners in elevators focusing on high-touch areas such as button panels, doors, handlebars, etc.
- Install hand sanitizers in elevator lobbies as available.
- Increase frequency of disinfection for staircases, railings, doors and door handles.
- Employ updated cleaning and safety measures to disinfect all guest rooms, with particular attention paid to disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as television remote controls, telephones, air conditioning remotes, in-room control panels, light switches, toilet seats and handles, door handles, furniture, faucets, alarm clocks, luggage racks, floors and laminated collateral such as menus as well as high-touch public areas from luggage carts to elevator buttons.
- Utilize UV light inspection in guest checkout cleaning process.
- Provide EPA-registered disinfectant in all guest rooms.
- Temporary removal of all collateral such as paper menus, magazines, etc. from guest rooms.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Utilize EPA-approved cleaners to clean all tables, counters and other surfaces throughout food & beverage outlets.
- Use of PPE by food and beverage (F&B) associates, including facemasks and gloves.
- Employ electrostatic sprayers in bars, restaurants and kitchens.
- Provide touchless and disposable menus, as available.
- Rearrange dining areas in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Availability of take-out/delivery services at all Bluegreen operated F&B outlets as needed.
- Hostesses, managers and other associates will observe social distancing, particularly in entry and waiting areas.
- Contactless grocery/food delivery to guest rooms.
- Provide EPA-approved disinfectant wipes and solutions in fitness centers for guest use.
- Increase frequency of cleaning equipment and surfaces with EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Reconfigure or lockout equipment to promote social distancing.
- Establish occupancy limits in fitness center in order to promote social distancing.
Pools & Hot Tubs
- Utilize EPA-registered disinfectant to sanitize all seating, equipment and other surfaces in activity areas.
- Increase the number of contact-less and self-guided activities offered at resorts.
- Limit participants for in-person activities to promote social distancing.
- Temporarily provide crafts on a “to go” basis only with digital instructions from resort activities associates, as available.
- Temporarily discontinue provision of board games at resorts.
- Increase frequency of the cleaning of lounge chairs, desk, entry kiosks and other surfaces utilizing EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Temporarily limit seating capacity at pool to promote social distancing.
- Where possible, provide separate entry and exit for pools, clubhouses and other amenities.
- Temporary closure of hot tubs and water slides in accordance with applicable mandates.
LAUNDRY & 3RD PARTY SERVICES
- Increase frequency of sanitization of laundry carts and other equipment with EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Increase frequency of sanitization of linen storage areas with EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Transport linens in covered carts/bins.
- Associates required to wear PPE while handling laundry.
- Provide hand washing stations and/or alcohol-based hand sanitizers in laundry areas.
- Request 3rd party laundry service providers to undertake recommended sanitation and hygiene procedures throughout the laundry process including washing, transporting and storing.
RECOMMENDED GUESTS SAFETY MEASURES
Your safety is very important to us. As you prepare to travel, we encourage you to do so safely. Guests are encouraged to read and follow the CDC travel recommendations which include:
- Do not travel if you or someone in your party is sick.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others, keeping at least 6 ft of physical distance from others.
- Please be aware of any state or local travel restrictions currently in place. If you are traveling from a location with a high rate of cases, we ask you to reconsider your travel plans and contact us for possible re-booking of your trip.
We ask that all guests and associates follow the instructions and guidelines as we work to promote a safe and comfortable environment for all. Of course, staying safe and healthy is everyone’s responsibility, so it’s up to all of us to continue to heed the recommendations of the CDC, diligently maintain a safe social distance from others, wear masks and take other protective measures when appropriate.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting a Bluegreen property, you knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. This protocol does not apply to resorts that are not managed by Bluegreen. To review the sanitation protocol of those properties, please contact the resort directly.
Click to return to Travel Advisory Page